About the Boston Irish Tourism Associations
The Boston Irish Tourism Association (BITA) was formed in 2000, as a way to market the state's vibrant Irish-American community, especially its culture, heritage, and businesses.
BITA's goal was to connect the Irish-American grassroots community with the state's tourism and hospitality industries so that year round cultural events could be enjoyed by visitors, conventioneers, business travelers and tour groups coming to Massachusetts.
The result has been to make it easy for visitors – and local residents – to get immersed in the state’s wonderful range of cultural activities, and to take advantage of the hospitality amenities available to travelers.
Some of the things we do at BITA:
- We provide information to the general public, tour operators, incoming
convention groups and the media about upcoming events and activities of our
- We advise visitors on where to stay, where to dine or to shop, where
to have a pint, see a concert, check out a traditional session, and how to
get from Boston to the Berkshires, or from Canada to the Cape. If you have
a question, send us an email, call or write us and we'll try to answer it
- We profile scores of musicians, dancers, artists, writers, storytellers,
filmmakers, chefs, photographers and others who help fuel the creative economy
- We represent and provide information on other destinations such as Ireland,
Quebec City, Prince Edward Island and Rhode Island and New Hampshire, all of which share a
common interest in culture and hospitality.
- We strengthen travel ties among the United States, Canada and Ireland
by working closely with government agencies and travel specialists.
- We distribute three issues each year of our free Travel & Culture Guide magazine in March, June and November, to visitor centers, cultural venues, tour group operators and travel media and to the region's Irish-American community.
- We partner with Tourism Ireland year 'round to inform our readers about cultural celebration
taking place in Ireland and here in New England.
- Our Irish Heritage Trail walking tour takes visitors and school groups
along nearly 300 years of the Irish experience in Boston. We have compiled
over 70 Irish landmarks throughout Massachusetts.
- Our booklet, Finding Your Irish Roots in Massachusetts, guides you through
genealogy resources throughout the state.
- Please check out our web sites:
Thanks again for
visiting the Boston Irish Tourism Association's web site.
To get in touch directly, click here.